Friday, July 16, 2021

The sun came out

 When I did this retirement lark I was going to visit Rye Meads a couple of times a week double it up with Amwell... well we can all see that hasn't happened. I guess part of that is lockdown got me used to local walks so today Rye Meads and yet nah I need to put my prescription in and I can walk down and head to.... 

So no I still haven't been. It is a bit ridiculous really.

After dropping my prescription in I head to the local wood and reedbed and yep Reed Warblers still there! I wandered through the woods enjoying the bird song.

Speckled Wood



Then up over the M11 bridge. The footpath along the M11 has been cleared a bit! 




OOH a Painted Lady! The fourth of the year and second of my local walks.




Comma


Small Tortoiseshell honest guv! 


Red Admiral


Another Comma


The pond by the road with 5 ducklings? well I couldn't see them. They were there Tuesday. It's possible they were in the vegetation so hopefully next time I'm that way. There were some young Moorhens




Gatekeeper



Broad beans?




Common Blue Damselfly I think.





The five ducklings on the pond where I've watched two successful broods are still there! Fingers crossed for them.



No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.