Wednesday, July 21, 2021

local walks

It is hot so I have stayed local. I have taken out a couple of bottles of water. As soon as it gets a bit cooler I'll wander elsewhere.

The five ducklings on the nearest pond are still there.



So proud





Large Skipper I think



Lots of young coots over on the common pond




I THINK this is an Essex Skipper


You may remember there was another clutch of ducklings but I hadn't seen hide nor hound on my last visit. The pond is attached to a cottage and they have a duck house.... When I saw Mum I was interested and I saw a duckling enter the house. I have no idea how many are there but that is a good sign


There are also Moorhen chicks there







On the path by the M11 I have counted up to 6 Painted Ladies !! 






This Moorhen chick is one of two on the duckling pond near me.



One of 2 painted ladies on the common. There was a Marbled White as well.










I have found 3 spots with Painted Ladies walking from home. There are also suddenly lots more butterflies which is great.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Cute ducklings :) I think your "Large Skipper" may be Small Skipper but not an expert. Agree about Essex Skipper apparently their antennae look as though dipped in black ink and your pic shows that I think. But I do find the skippers hard to distinguish between.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.