Saturday, July 24, 2021

Some walks and another walk lifer!

So after moaning about the heat all week I woke to rain this morning and it was a lot cooler I didn't take my camera today as it was raining first thing and the forecast wasn't good. Of course that means it didn't rain.

Here are a few pics from my walks earlier this week. 








Six Spot Burnet, when they fly the wings are very red.





These are the five ducklings on the pond with the duck house.







There have been lots of Painted Lady butterflies all week. Especially on the path by the M11




As of today all 10 ducklings are ok. I was chatting to chap who lives close to the duck house pond (we've chatted before about churches) apparently there were 8 originally. He also told me that there are ponds behind the cottages and they both had large clutches that didn't make it :( Still the remaining ducklings are doing ok as are the pony.

I was walking along one of the roads that I do a lot and a whitish bird flew out of a tree across the toad and out of sight. BARN OWL!!! So I have had two good ticks this week Common Tern and Barn Owl  so up to 75 in total and 70 for the year. 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Brilliant news about the Barn Owl :) Lovely photos and I so like the Painted Lady photos. I need to get out and see one!!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.