Friday, July 02, 2021

Hatfield Forest

I had a ticket for Hatfield Forest today. On and off I have been going there since the 1970's!! 

I grabbed a coffee and sat by the lake, there were 3 Terns in the air and later I saw 4... I wonder if there were any young this year.






Rubbish photo but I think this a Great Crested Grebe chick. I never saw the adults 






































At this point I met a chap coming the other way and we had commented we had seen quite a few butterflies but nothing unusual. I promptly spotted a Silver Washed Fritillary (wouldn't sit still) and this painted lady!!!



Large Skipper. First of the year for me.





Is this a small skipper? It seemed smaller.


These are apparently to help with the blue algae problem.






No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.