Friday, July 30, 2021

Thaxted

I left Audley and decided to see if Thaxted Church was open. As I have said many times as soon as I see that spire I am transported to Sunday afternoon drives in the country with my parents when I was a nipper.

The church was built between 1340 and 1510. The tower and spire date to 1475-1500.




it was! 


















As I walked back from the windmill I found a buddleia which had 4 painted ladies (saw a 5th a bit further on) and a dozen Red Admirals 







I'm not a fan of the coffee shop, I once waited 10 minutes to be served (at a table) and was ignored! but one of the other places as a coffee bar so I got a takeaway and sat in the gardens soaking up the sun. 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

A gorgeous church and town/village Pete. The porch of the church is wonderful :) Great to see the butterfly pics - still no Painted Ladies here!!!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.