Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Local Birding

I spent my morning at Amwell and Rye Meads this morning. 

At Amwell I saw Little Ringed Plover, Snipe, Red Kite, Sedge Warbler, Reed Warbler (heard) and Common Tern, with the hides closed it is harder to see stuff at Rye Meads but a Peregrine was a super sighting (thanks to the gulls who alerted me). The reed beds were alive with Reed Warblers calling none seen GGRRR but I did see one of many Cetti's Warblers who were calling! A few butterflies about.







My first Goslings of the year! 



Sedge Warbler.



And my first coot chick! 








So I came home ate lunch and thought you know I wonder if the Reed Warblers have come back to my local Reed bed? I headed off to have a look (a year ago it was this hearing/seeing one there that got me motivated during the first lockdown). As I walked around.... YES! I eventually got a brief view! Alas no photo but I will head back Sunday for another look.

Chiffchaff....




No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.