Friday, April 02, 2021

Amwell & Rye Meads

I decided I ought to do some birding and headed off to Amwell.

The light was dull and grey and it was chilly!! The Great White Egret had done a bunk (my fault for not going earlier in the week I guess) but it was nice to see my first Hirundines of the year (Swallows and Sand Martins) and a Little Ringed Plover. I also got to see many of the commoner ducks, look lads just pop to a local pond ;)





There were Chiffchaff and Blackcap singing. 



Other birds seen Gulls, Lapwing, Grey Heron, Little Egret and Cormorant plus common woodland  birds.

Now my step count was still low so I popped into Rye Meads. The hides are closed (hopefully 12th April..) but I fancied a visit.

Lots of Chiffchaff and Blackcaps as wells Cetti's Warbler. The highlight was a Willow Warbler, alas no picture. 

From the path you can see bits of the scrape at Draper hide but alas no Green Sandpipers showing... I did spy a teal. It was also nice to visit the Spring path (I missed this last year !)



The sun came out about now ;)







No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.