Monday, April 12, 2021

A Haircut, a church and two picturesque villages.

FINALLY I have got my haircut. It is a relief after 4 months! 

So I headed out to visit some Essex villages I haven't been to in like forever. However when I was driving through Great Sampford there was a sign saying church open! 

So St Michael's Great Sampford is the first church I have entered in 2021.

It has some wall paintings one of which (see below) is a tree representing the seven deadly sins. 














And so to Finchingfield 


As I approached the pond I heard some high pitched noises





The local ducks need to get a move on ;)





Alas the church was firmly closed.









The cafe were both closed today (opening later in the week). Although I could have got a take away pint from the pub.

So I headed into Thaxted.


















It was nice to visit some old favourites! 

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.