Friday, April 09, 2021

Hatfield Forest

I had booked a ticket for 9am at Hatfield Forest which necessitates me getting up ! Luckily the sun was shining. 

My first step ? COFFEE


This swan was later seen giving two Canada Geese hell. I assume there must be a nest somewhere? There were Gadwall and Tufted Ducks on the lake as well as the usual Mallards.



As I say but the lake I watched two Great Crest Grebe bob their heads at each other.








Coots seemed to be busy nest building. 






















Bird wise a bit light. We still await many of the migrants returns but plenty of Chiffchaffs heard. I had hoped to see Swallows and Martins over the lake but nothing. Curiously I saw a Swallow on a power cable in the next village! 



No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.