Monday, April 05, 2021

Amwell & Rye Meads

A Great White Egret has been seen at Amwell and I didn't see it Friday so I thought I'd have another go. It was freezing cold and there was some snow! I should have gone this afternoon I guess

The folk at the view point hadn't seen and my quick scan couldn't see it. I moved a bit to one side and .... woo hoo it emerged from the reeds! It was distant but hey! 








Yup the swallows are back.... they were spooked by a pair of dog walkers






So off to Rye Meads to get my step count up.

The highlight of walk was seeing 2 Cetti's Warblers! I heard lots more! 





1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Well done on the Great White Egret - I've seen one a few years back at Middleton Lake.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.