Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Rye Meads

The hedge in the back garden needed cutting and I have been putting it off and off and.... you get the picture. As there was a threat of rain this evening I decided today was the day however first a visit to Rye Meads.

It was pretty obvious the Wood Sandpiper was gone as I was the first one there ;) 


The Draper hide was nice and empty but bird wise was pretty good! 3 Green Sandpipers and 3 Snipe  some Lapwing and a Swallow.






The Snipe flew when this Juvenile Little Ringed Plover flew in





The Ashby hide was open but I had my usual success there! 

You can tell I was first on the reserve ;)



I think this this is a Common Darter. I know it is quit red but the legs aren't all black but I will stand correction



From the path I saw a Little Grebe and Great Crested Grebe (the later unusual at RM) oh and heard a Cetti's Warbler.

The Lapwing hide is open and it's another I have had little joy with. I keep hoping I'll see the chat's on the meadow but no.... still today I was rewarded with a Buzzard and 2 Kingfishers flying through together.

I came home and cut the hedge. Now to get rid of the rubbish! After that a walk!

A good day






 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Nice sightings and lovely photos :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.