Friday, September 11, 2020

Montacute

Ok so the first proper holiday of the year has arrived.

I'm spending 2 nights on the Devon/Somerset border before moving on. A good journey down. 

I stopped at one of the service stations on the A303 and walked straight out as the Clientele seemed to have no idea of social distancing. I had food in the car but stopped at Cartgate picnic area and the cafe there was much much better. My egg and bacon roll was rather nice as well. 

I had tickets today for Montacute for 10am I could tell from the fact that the overflow car park was closed it would be quiet and quiet it was :) Alas the house was closed and opens next week !!












I'm not sure if the pattern was to show the outlines of a former garden or just artistic licence.



































I feel for the poor chap on his own! I wasn't surprised as I was listening to the NT magazine blog and for a while there was one chap at Stourhead.








Lunch. Montacute is very reliable for scones! 














I wandered to the village but the church was closed. 


I did see a Hummingbird Hawkmoth just before you enter Montacute but bit quick for my phone ;)


Ordinarily I'd have wandered to Tintinhull but that is closed so I just wandered the garden and read. Relaxing day! Now off to find dinner.





1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So glad you have got away for a break - enjoy :) Montacute looks super although a shame the house not yet open! Now I have started going out and about more,mainly in Herefordshire, not round here! I have noticed how many people ignore or seem unaware of socially distancing rules. Also seen people just going in shops minus masks - fair enough some may have a reason to be exempt but some may not! Well done on Hummingbird Hawkmoth - not jealous of course!! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.