Friday, September 18, 2020

Restormel and Pencarrow

I went to Restormel Castle this morning.

The original castle  was built in 1100, the current castle was extensively rebuilt by Edmund Duke of Cornwall the grandson of King John. It was more of a ducal palace.






























I then went to Pencarrow to meet Jan and Tony. The house is closed Friday's and Saturday's and there is an honesty box. I assumed that as HHA members get in free I didn't need to pay. Hope that was right! I like visiting these days as it so quiet. You feel like lord of the manner. Thanks to Jan for lunch :)







there was a coffee van :)

























Pencarrow Rounds an iron age hill fort.











We went back to my hotel where we sat in the sun and I bought coffee to say thanks for lunch :).

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Both places look super and blissfully quiet. It looks as though you are having good weather :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.