Sunday, May 21, 2006

Thursday 18th May

Well after a rough night weather wise I woke to find it a bit windy but dry so lets find a Golden Eagle.

The previous evening I decided I needed a decent pair of waterproof walking shoes. As there were lots of shops here and I had done some research off I went and when the assistant suggested a pair on my shortlist.

So shod in Brasher Diablo lo's off I went to



Haweswater.











Lovely scenery and a Haweswater rarity (Dunlin) but no Eagle. The RSPB warden tried all the favoured perches but nope. Obviousy it had hunkered down. Bet blondie chuckles. Still I have seen it before.




The Eagle watchpoint.










So off to Hutton in the forest



and a chance to sit in the sun! Interesting guided tour and a nice strill in the garden finished off a pleasant day.








Oh and walking to Haweswater I went through some very damp ground and my feet? Dry!! lovely!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuckle chuckle ;))

The Quacks of Life said...

did you like the "I had seen it before?" line just dropped in casual like.

Anonymous said...

I chose to ignore it!!!!!!!!!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.