Sunday, May 21, 2006

Saturday 13th May

After the glorious sunny week it was raining! Anyway it was early and the weather cleared and I considered going to Old Moor but as I approached "The North" the heavens opened. So I went to Bakewell

















Anyway I like this place the river is very attractive and the bookshop is excellent.


















After a pleasant stroll I went to Chatsworth.



I decided against visiting the house (which is excellent I might add) and strolled around the garden and grounds (lots of Sand Martins).








Even in the drizzle it looked attractive.






































Thought I ought to check Padley out for tomorrow. Pleased to find a male Redstart and Pied Flycatchers.



























Diane texted that she was at Longshaw so met up for a cuppa and a gossip. Got back to the hotel to watch the 'pool come back to win. Dawn must have been well happy.

Had a pleasant meal with Diane and Cheryl. Dawn called in ill and wasn't coming tomorrow, then John phones Diane and he and Ros may not becoming!!

Arranged to pick Anna up.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.