Monday, May 22, 2006

The Alarm went off.

Reality has bit back and here I am in the office. To be fair its not too bad!!

I've yet to book another day off ;)) I intend to go to Bempton on June 10th so will book the Monday off but haven't done it yet.

Mum goes back to the doctor on Thursday (she was diagnosed with breast cancer last year) and if she is on tablets rather than further treatment I intend to slip in a week off in June (YES I KNOW)to take her away again. Fingers crossed for her.

I'm not going into the rights and wrongs of John Prescott BUT the following got me thinking.

I heard some female TV journo type (can't remember her name) say that her and her friends played a game "would you rather shag them or die" and that Prescott came into the die category.

Very funny ha ha but could you imagine if some male TV type said the same about Women live on national tv? The PC mob would have a field day with that!!

I watched some of Eurovision at the weekend. Ok the songs were risible but there was some very tasty totty on it. That said I was cheering on the Finns as frankly they were hilarious.

As everyone else says the judging is hilarious. Cyprus gave Greece 12 points!

Thank god for Terry Wogan. "So which countries border you then".

6 comments:

nicola said...

Pleased your first day back was ok....not long til you are off again

Anonymous said...

Welcome home :)

Of course it would, like blacks joking about whites is okay, but the other way around is more sensitive :) Had it been "equal" in all ways it wouldn't be more sensitive on any side.

Not to say it's an excuse but it explains it. I do take offense if a man would have said that, I don't if a woman does. Wrong but true.

The news today here in sweden: Women in general in ALL professions (including midwife and women representative professions) earn 71% of what their male equivalent does in government-rules companies, 77% in private.

I mean you loose all hope. :(

The Quacks of Life said...

Hi Nathalie,

the earning thing doesn't surprise me. Very often woman take time out for children etc and I suppose its argued they have less experience.

Difficult one, if say you have two or three children you may have 2 to 3 years less experience at doing the job, when you allow for maternity leave etc. Not sure if employers can take this into account.

women are more likely to take a career break, so they will rejoin the ladder at a lower level.

Of course if you have two people doing the same job and same levels of experience then there is no argument.

I expect I will be told I'm out of date.

Cherrypie said...

Well past the Best By date, Pete! But we TOGs don't bother with those so it doesn't matter.

The Quacks of Life said...

lol

i really had to think about TOGs!!

Boo said...

Lovely pics Pete, the weather doesn't look too bad in most of the pics.

Welcome back!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.