Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I really don't get it

I don't get the world today. I mean lets take Big Brother. I've never really watched it I've turned the telly on and it happens to be on and after two minutes you realise that these really are a bunch of w*nk*rs or you hear the announcment "Day 9 in the Big Brother Household and everyones asleep" - cor that's gripping.

Now don't get me wrong if you want to watch the activities of a bunch of hyper active wannabees desperate to be "famous" then fine, but, why do I have to turn on the radio to hear it reported as "News" that some bloke was so "stressed" he threatened to kill himself and walked out. Stress is not being able to pay the bills, or having a loved one ill or you get my point.

I'm sorry but frankly if they took everyone who wants to be on Big Brother and "deported" them then the country would be a better place.

Do I sound like disgusted of Tonbridge Wells?

I will now go and get my copy of the Daily Telegraph.

8 comments:

nicola said...

I say each to their own, on both counts and will admit to watching bb, guess I should pack my bags now eh?

Stress is also a personal thing too, as one persons breaking point can differ from anothers. Silly things can get you stressed as can the bigger stuff, or what is percieved to be the bigger stuff by others. After all I can get stressed if the stapler isnt in the same place when I get into work in the morning...worth getting stressed over, probably not, but I still do.

After all if we were all the same, wouldnt life be a little boring??

Have a good day!!

DH59 said...

Don't get me started! I have no doubt that the state of the country today is all down to the standard of what's broadcast on the TV. We are fed nothing more than reality/celebrity/wife-job-gender-swap twaddle.

And tell me about stress!! Don't get me started on that either.

I'm calm now, don't worry!! ;)

Boo said...

I can only say that I totally agree with everthing that you and Digi Birder have said. I guess it is cheap television but I really don't want to know what other people get up to on a daily basis or at all really. I've got my own life to live. Apart from that I think these people play up to the camera and one day will be so embarrassed and wish they had never done so.

However, as Nic said, each to their own!

Robbiegirl said...

I love BB, even though I don't know what it is I like about it.

Probably just the psychologist in me, as it's like one big social experiment and I like to see how people react.

That said I don't see why anything that goes on there is newsworthy.

I'll forgive you for revealing something that hasn't actually been shown on TV yet and therefore spoiling the surprise.

Anonymous said...

Never watched, and no intention of doing so. What's it about anyway??

The Birdman said...

I'm with you, Pete, 100%

The Quacks of Life said...

Nic - i don't mind you watching it BUT it isn't news.

Dawn - come on blondie you know.

nicola said...

So pleased I have your blessing ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.