Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Pass the sick bucket

As some of you know in just under two weeks time I'm going to Bempton to meet some bloggers and birders. Of course all of us will want to see some wonderful birds BUT everyone wants to see PUFFINS!!

I think the Bempton area is one of the best areas in England to see Puffins, the RSPB reserve though had less Puffins than nearby Flamborough head. The best place I've ever been to for sooper dooper close ups was Skomer in Wales, they literally walk in front of you and I will definitely go back next year but then again I want to go the Farnes as well!!

Oh the sick bucket!! Well Cherrypie is organising a jaunt on an RSPB cruise along the Bempton cliffs. I am not the worlds greatest sailor so I will be visiting the chemists before going. Cherry of course is hoping to swoon and be picked up by some hunky lifeboatman..... oh so predictable ;)

I hope its calm or you may get some "colourful" pictures.

8 comments:

flicker said...

I wasn't sure where Bempton is, I've never heard of it. I googled. So it's Bridlington, Yorkshire. Hmm. Shame it's so far away. I would love to see Puffins, maybe I will get to Skomer one of these days. What puts me off too though Pete - I am the world's worst sailor. I'm not too bad if the boat is moving like a speed boat, but not if the engines are cut to watch fish for instance. I could never go whale watching :o( I can't take the sea sick pills either, they make me feel worse.

The Quacks of Life said...

Jan

the boat ride to Skomer is 15 minutes and we didn't stop. Obviously it can be choppy but a still day in June......

The Puffins are incredible!! They literally walk in front of you.

Eagleseagles said...

What time is the boat trip?
Will I be able to watch the footie live or will that have to be highlights only...wonder if there will be many highlights??????????????????????

C

Cherrypie said...

I've got pretty marvellous sea legs ( if you don't look too closely and I've remembered to depilate) so I shall be hoping for a pretty choppy sail. It beats Alton Towers any day.

The Quacks of Life said...

C - boat trip 4:30 - 7:30 game 5:00

Eagleseagles said...

Just checked Fifa's site
England v Paraguay 14.00 KO
So the game finishes 15.45 give or take 10 mins!!

Boat trip from where?

I need to find a pub nearby to catch boat by 16.20 (bet you have to be there early!!)or maybe...

Sounds great....I usually enjoy boat trips!! Whatever I'll be on the boat, I just have to know where the boat goes from...
C

The Quacks of Life said...

you have to book the boat. Email digi-birder.

I was looking at hte important game involving Sweden and Trinidad.

Eagleseagles said...

Lol - could be lots of goals in that!!

C

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.