Monday, May 01, 2006

Musings

I really can't waffle on AGAIN about the birds I saw. Suffice to say I had great views of Garden Warbler!

I am watching Ben Hur the version with Charlton Heston. Seen it many times but it is one hell of a good watch. As my mum would say "it has a story".

Whilst on my hols I read The Man Who Smiled by Henning Mankell. Its the 8th to be published in the uk but chronologically it is the fourth. The Kurt Wallander books are one of the best police procedurals about at the moment but I can only give this one *** it lacks the page turning of books like Firewall and Sidetracked. Still a decent read.

Graham Hurley is a writer I've been meaning to read for a while. His Joe Faraday series gets decent reviews. Unfortunately its taken me a while to track down the first Turnstone. Faraday is a birding detective based in Portsmouth he talks about Spotted Redshanks!! This is a decent read and I'll give it a *** i'll be tracking down other books in the series.

Books I want to read?
The fourth of Conn Iggulden's Emperor Series - serious page turning stuff!! Caesar and all that. Places a bit fast and loose with history.
simon scarrow - the Eagles Prophecy. Page turning historical fiction.
The new books by Karin Alvtegen and Karin Fossum. Two of the best new scandavian crime writers.

Must do a scan on amazon.

Then again I am reading a lot less that i used to. My prime reading slot was 8:30 to 10 at night and now I am on yahoo chatting to Nic, Boof and the gang. For that matter I need to read more in my lunch hour........

I've just found out the 1st test against Sri Lanka starts in 10 days!! This is good since I'll be on holiday and can listen to it but bad because I'm not sure a) what our team will be and b) if they are in any sort of form. They all seem to be resting!

Only a three day week this week. Car being serviced Friday, it'll only take an hour! I do have a doctors appointment Friday afternoon. My repeat prescription has run out and I need to get it renewed. Bet you are wondering now!!

7 comments:

Boo said...

Pete, I don't wonder, however, if you want to share with me, I am very sympathetic. Maybe diabetes?

DH59 said...

Haven't you mentioned your gout before?

The Quacks of Life said...

doh!!!

Boo said...

Did you spot the mini?

The Quacks of Life said...

no, wasn't paying that much attention

nicola said...

spot the mini??????????

The Quacks of Life said...

Apparently Boo claims that a shot of a Mini was left in. Probably been edited out by now.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.