Sunday, May 28, 2006

Anglesey Abbey

Well nice sunny day so went to Anglesey Abbey in Cambridgshire. The house contains the art collection of Lord Fairhaven however its Fairhaven's gardens that the visitors flock.

For those of you into gardens it's given the top ** in the annual Daily Telegraph good gardens guide. It has year round appeal.

Enough waffle from me.



The House.















The visitors entrance to the house.




























I just love the colour of these leaves.











Plenty of garden statues about the place.



















Lode Mill and its river.













I thought these tree trunks look interesting.


































And some further views for your enjoyment.










































7 comments:

nicola said...

Lovely photos pete, making me sneeze just looking at them :)

Boo said...

Beautiful pics, find out the gardener's name and phone number please. Oh, and couldn't you have put a fig leaf or something on that first statue, quite made me blush.

Anonymous said...

Now that is one soft looking lawn :) Ah to lay there on a blanket, looking up at cloud formations.

I also love those deep red leaves, and those tree trunks are beautiful. I like the odd thing here and there, so it's not all green with pink flowers. :)

flicker said...

Fab photos. I bet you are chuffed to bits with your camera.

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks all.

yes rather chuffed

Melanie said...

Beautiful pics, makes me want to visit.

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks for stopping by Melanie.

The gardens are lovely, they are open all year.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.