Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Things that don't go bump in the night

I had my haircut last night! Ok that's really got nothing to with todays blog but hey.

Anyway my good friends Min and Jan are believers. They believe in ghosts. Whenever we meet up they will tell me about some odd event. Of course I look at them with that "look" as Min calls it. The "look" usually gets the response from Min of "you'll learn one day".

They regale me with tales of odd events of psychics etc but I am sorry but I just don't get it. I have never, as far as I can remember, had a spooky event. Oh sorry I once walked into a room at Powderham Castle thought ooh this is cold and was then told it was the most haunted room in the building. Due to something or other logical would be my view.

Min and Jan are both reading this saying silly boy. Will this be the post that tempts Min to leave a comment!!

Equally I am not religious. I've read chunks of the bible and its interesting but it has never really grabbed me in that way. I appreciate a lot of people get comfort from religion but I just guess I am not very spiritual.

As you may have noticed I am a Science Fiction fan. Years ago this used to inspire people to talk to me about flying saucers and von daniken and the like. I'd fix them with a bored glaze and say honestly you don't believe that tosh do you?

Ok I accept nay believe that somewhere out there is life and probably intelligent life. I just happen to think its unlikely to be interested in us and spending its Friday nights glued to the soap opera that is Planet Earth. Given how big space is its highly unlikely now is it.

I'm a sceptic. Did you notice?

8 comments:

Boo said...

You a sceptic, ah go on!

The Quacks of Life said...

as well as a cynic

Anonymous said...

you just wait till you come down in october mate i will sit you in my ghosty room all by yourself and as min says "you'll learn" the ghost is friendly she just says "hello"

Boo said...

She's not going to show up naked is she?

The Quacks of Life said...

GUFFAW

Cherrypie said...

Why do you think I didn't book the Miners? All those plague victims! Me on my own! No flipping chance!

The Quacks of Life said...

left diane there then - tut tut.

i walked around churchyard in the dark....

DH59 said...

yep, I'm in the Miners'. If I don't show on Sunday, you know what's happened.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.