Tuesday, May 18, 2021

St Mawes

Tony was busy this morning so it was just Jan. He will definitely be free tomorrow ;)

Jan and I went to St Mawes both unsure how busy it would be and of the dodgy forecast! 

I decided to park by the castle and walk in (members park free :) ) 

The view across to Pendennis castle



St Mawes castle
















We arrived in town and it was surprisingly quiet! Really very pleasant!






Jan - "what's he doing?"


Spot the grin in the background.









Now we bought Crab  and sat to eat them when whoosh a Herring Gull took the roll out of Jan's hand!! The scream could be heard from  50 miles away as she is not a fan of birds near her! I bought a replacement (mine was unscathed) and we found a seat further away and ate our rolls unmolested. 

We took a gentle stroll back to the castle had a coffee looking back to Pendennis Castle.

A gentle drive over (through torrential down pours) and Jan guided me to a wine shop !!! 3 bottles later I delivered her home. I did stop off on my way home to buy some coffee and another bottle slipped in the boot ;)

A good day.



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

It looks beautiful and blissfully quiet!!! :) Glad you ate your lunch in peace in the end and managed later to buy some "essential stocks" :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.