Thursday, May 06, 2021

CU Botanical Garden

Well I seem to be fine after jab 2. Well other than the seemingly obligatory sore arm. 

Yesterday afternoon I checked the weather forecast (BBC and Met office) and it looked fine for this morning so booked tickets for the Cambridge University Botanical Garden. 

Now as I got to Cambridge there was the odd spot of rain but it looked like it was getting brighter so off I trotted and it rained..... luckily I had left a brolly in my fleece pocket. 

My mood was not helped when waiting to get in by the "little angel" in front deciding to pick a tulip head off and then throw it at me. Mummy tried stopping him picking them again but he kept trying and her efforts were of the "oh don't do that ...." he grabbed one other but she stopped him.  Alas many venues have become places for parents to meet up for coffee and let there "little angels" run around. Sorry grump alert over :)

I grabbed a coffee and the obligatory Tuna & Sweetcorn roll (for lunch later).

I walked around brolly up. Luckily I had a camera lens combo that would work one handed ;)  






























I managed to get into the shelter below to eat my roll.







This mallard is being a bit anti-social ;)


So I wandered towards the exit and..... the sun came out ;)








Still despite the weather it was a nice wander.


No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.