Friday, July 01, 2022

Pendennis Castle and Trelissick

I went to Pendennis Castle for the first time. 

Like its neighbour St Mawes across the Fal it was built during the reign of Henry VIII between 1540 and 1542.

The castle is a twin to St Mawes but the site is bigger so early 20th century barracks were built.

First step a coffee which as a long standing member I get a 10% discount on... National Trust care to take note? I have emailed them :) 




















So on to Trelissick. A lovely national trust garden. The car park was packed but the garden was fine. I guess people park and walk the coast.


Always good


































I grabbed a coffee from the new cafe in the house and sat and read in the sun. Worse views eh :)



1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

What a view!!! :) Lovely photos. Do both EH and NT now give 10% discount shop and cafe if you show membership card?

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.