Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Anglesey Abbey

Well I haven't been to Anglesey Abbey in months so I thought I ought to have a wander there.

I'll keep quiet and let you look at the photos :)

The scone.


This chap came to share some ;) He approved















































Now ... a minor rant ;) I appreciate that it is the school holidays but is there anywhere I can go without a kid kicking a football or riding a bike? Certainly at Anglesey this would never be permitted at one point. I'm not sure Lord Fairhaven would approve of the children's "playground" on the Pilgrims Lawn. I guess this is the future and the national trust need the money eh and I'm am old fogey ;) 

3 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos and a great place to wander.
Sorry about the kids - must admit now mine are grown up I feel exactly the same. When they were litle I as very conscious of how they were behaving and how it might upset others. I suspect the NT are going out of their way to encourage families and providing activities etc for them. But playing ball and riding bikes is a bit much imho!!!!

School hols not the best of times to visit anywhere :( Summer ones go on for ever too!!!!!!!!

Ragged Robin said...

ps if you are an "old fogey" then so am I!! :)

The Quacks of Life said...

My cousin said she was waiting for my rant!

I just think some places are not appropriate for footballs and bikes ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.