Monday, July 25, 2022

Out for a stroll

A week ago it was intolerable today it was much more pleasant 

Do you remember the 2 ducklings from Fridays blog? Well on Saturday nothing! I wondered if maybe Mum had taken them to the next pond which is a good 100 yards away but thought this was unrealistic. The next pond is divided by a footpath, nothing on the smaller pond or the larger... hang on, is that a female mallard at the far side? I put my bins up and yes it was and behind her? 2 little ducklings swimming. 

This morning? Nothing :(

Yesterday I thought I had seen a Jersey Tiger Moth but couldn't get enough of a view to confirm ... today I saw it again! 



We have two families of Canada Geese on the common pond! 



The ducklings on the common pond are doing well. There are 5 of them still,



I can confirm there are three foals on the common! I had already passed the other one with its Mum






I thought I'd look for the ducklings on my way back. I got to the Coalport Pond where they had moved from Satuday and they were back! Apparently Mum walked them back again!!

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Weather is far more pleasant now :) Good to hear ducklings are safe and well done on the Jersey Tiger - great sighting :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.