Tuesday, July 05, 2022

St John the Baptist - Epping

I was in Epping for lunch today and found that the church was open. I've driven past it many times over the years so I popped in for a look.

The church at Epping Upland was the original parish church of Epping and was first mentioned in 1177 and the current church dates to the 13th century.

In 1833, the 14th-century chapel of St John the Baptist in the High Road was rebuilt in the Gothic Revival style. It became the parish church of Epping in 1888 and was again rebuilt by the architect GF Bodley. The tower was added in 1909.

St John the Baptist. Epping.













2 comments:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely - I do like the stained glass especially the modern? one and the wooden carved angel.

The Quacks of Life said...

yup its modern.... they made a point of telling me where the new window was ;)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.