Thursday, May 05, 2022

Local Walks

Its been a quiet week. I've just been walking locally. 

Before I went on holiday there was a family of ducklings. Alas something killed the female. She was there when I went out but when I came back she was laying there apparently something had gone for the neck. Was it a dog? Or was she defending the young from a Heron? (I saw one flying over 5 minutes before I arrived). 

There have been no more since I returned. I did see 4 Moorhen chicks yesterday.

My walk from home list is at 57. The local Reed Warblers are back! I heard 3 yesterday. I haven't seen a Swallow or House Martin on my walks yet.

There were 3 foals but one has been moved on so only 2 now.






























My 2000 mile target is going well... As of end of April I had  done 741.9 miles so 84.3 ahead of schedule.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So sorry to hear about the female duck :( Lovely photos and the robin is beautiful :) Well done on the 2000 mile target total so far :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.