Monday, May 16, 2022

Back to Guernsey

I was flying back to Guernsey today. Another day may have been good but I headed off to the airport. It is small! Given the largest passenger number is 19 .....


You can see the sea! 


Before we were due to take off there was a shower and apparently crosswinds a Guernsey so our luggage would be delivered ( a bit worrying if you flying on!) as we sat on the plane word came that the runway had dried sufficiently our luggage would come! Result. 

So safely back I picked my hire car up. I headed to Fort Grey as there is a cafe. Crab sandwich? That'll do nicely. 

The Gallo-Roman ship "Asterix" is found nearby.






Fort Grey is a Napoleonic fort which today is a small museum about the many shipwrecks around the islands. The British Museum or V&A it isn't but it is a fine small museum.




























I was very impressed I drove straight to the hotel. I just have to remember to spot the chemist! 

I have NEVER walked to Saints Bay so with my step count non-existent....








2 comments:

oldcrow61 said...

I have to see Guernsey one day. After all Bertie is from there, ha ha. Nice shots.

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos. Mum and Dad used to go to the Channel Islands a lot and preferred Guernsey to Jersey.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.