Monday, May 30, 2022

COVID strikes but I'm still here!

Yes I am still here. 

On the Sunday I started the hire car up to find the tyre pressure warning light was on so I didn't do much. I would normally have posted last week but I tested positive for COVID. After 2 years of being careful this is a bummer. The timing would suggest I got it on the way back (The Airline removed the mandatory face masks mid holiday). 

Apparently you don't have to isolate any more or test negative. Just wait 5 days. I have isolated  and I will not meet friends until I have tested negative but I did go for a walk today. 

How has it been? Well I had a very slight temperature one evening, a bit of a sore throat (both long gone) and a bunged up nose and a cough (the later two are getting better). Essentially it feels like a head cold and if it behaves like my normal colds I'll be coughing for weeks! 

As I said I went for my first walk today. I was advised by friends NOT TO OVER DO IT. I did 4.5 miles and feel fine

The first few pics were taken before COVID struck 






Today I just stuck my compact in my pocket in case I needed reach. 

There are 7 Moorhen chicks on the local pond.





We have 4 foals on the  common :)











This Painted Lady was flying along the same path by the M11 I saw so many last year! 




It was nice to be out. I just need to test negative now! Next test tomorrow.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

So glad Pete you are feeling better and hven't suffered greatly. It must have been a shock when you have been so careful and managed to avoid so far. Hope you feel 100% soon and test negative :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.