Thursday, October 10, 2019

Thursday Part 2 - Chastleton

So after lunch I headed to Chastleton.

It is Jacobean built around 1610. The family were catholics who backed the wrong side in the Civil war. Hence the family never had the money to modernise. The National Trust acquired the property in 1991 and rather than restore they are presenting it as it.

Chastleton was built next to its village and isn't in a separate park which is fairly unusual. I think one or two bits were closed today due to lack of volunteers i think. I might be wrong.





























I had no telephoto with me as I thought there will be no wildlife in range in this light and 4 red admiral and 3 comma's perched!!













St Mary's church is right next door.... there is no cafe at Chastleton and they serve tea and cake in the church.












Chastleton has no great treasures but it is an interesting place to visit.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Super photos of Chastleton (from memory it is even darker inside than Packwood!!). I found the house and church very interesting when I visited.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.