Thursday, October 10, 2019

Thursday Part 1 - A garden and churches

I seem to be taken lots of pictures, perhaps as I am visiting lots of places..... Curiously it doesn't feel busy and I am really enjoying this break.

I went to Moreton-in-Marsh first. Moreton isn't as picturesque as some villages BUT it is a real place it isn't overly touristy and it isn't too fashionista.... you could actually live here.




I've never been in St David's











lots of coffee shops so I stopped for a coffee before heading on to the delightful Bourton House Garden in Bourton on the Hill











































I've never been to the church in Bourton on the Hill despite visiting the garden several times and driving past many more.

So St Lawrence, Bourton on the Hill











I had read about a cafe in Blockley which was down the road and decided to visit it. As it was next to the church....

St Peter and St Paul ...




Apparently they film Father Brown here....














The cafe is attached to the shop and was rather nice! I hope it does well but a bit off of the tourist route. Still Blockley seemed to have a community feel which was good

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Great photos - looks like you had good weather today. The font is unusual in the first church and I love the very last two windows in the third church featuring animals :) The gardens look rather lovely :) I must google those and see where they are.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.