Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cotswold Villages

I started yesterday off by going to Bourton on the Water.

It is a very pretty place but incredibly touristy.....















I fancied a coffee but none of the place in Bourton appealed to me..... So I headed to the next village Lower Slaughter. It is MUCH less touristy, there is one gift shop for instance.








The gift shop had a cafe and this was my view!



After going to Snowshill I went for a wander around the church of St Eadaburgha, Broadway. St Eadaburgha  is not actually in the village but on the road from Broadway to Snowshill.
















Broadway is another picturesque cotswold village that attracts tourists but it is more "upmarket" than Bourton. There are touristy places but some of the shops are more niche and expensive. There are delis and speciality shops. Oh and the coffee shops / tea rooms are more appealing.













A good day

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I find Bourton on the Water too touristy too. And it is always heaving with people even more so than other Cotswold Villages. I much prefer the Slaughters - far more picturesque :) Another super set of photos.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.