Saturday, October 05, 2019

Burford, Hidcote and the Rollright Stones

I am off again but this time in England..... I am in the Cotswolds.

For me I started late  and left home after 7am ;)

I went to Burford first and had my breakfast in an independent tearoom/cafe and had a nice Sausage Bap. I then went for a wander around Burford's amazing church of St John the Baptist and one of the finest parish churches in the country.

































And so to Hidcote,,,,

The garden of Lawrence Johnston and one of the most celebrated arts and crafts gardens in the country.... October not the best time to visit but always something to see...





































The Rollright Stones are near where I am staying.

They weren't all erected at the same time and are really collection of 3 different monuments. The plaques give you further information about both the history and the legends regarding the monuments.
















1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Glad you had a safe journey :) The church at Burford is just incredible - added to my list of churches to visit. I spot the bale tomb and they have one of those terrifying skeleton memento mori type carvings! It looks as though there is so much to see there.

Hidcote looks lovely even in the autumn.

I love the Rollright Stones - so atmospheric and full of history.

A great set of photos - have a good day tomorrow :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.