Sunday, July 09, 2006

The Ultimate Answer

Well I woke and thought um so this is 42. Doesn't feel any different!!

Decided to stroll along the river, was a bit dull weatherwise and the fauna seemed to think the same as they were quiet. Highlights 2 Wabbits, Common Tern and a baby Robin.

Had Roast Pork around parents and then went down Rye Meads. The water levels were much reduced and 10 Black Tailed Godwits (patch tick) were present as well as a Green Sandpiper. Loads of Terns and young. Lots of Coots, Littel Grebe, Mallards, Grey Heron (sort of dancing!) and a Tufty with young.

Then all the birds vanished off of one of the islands and I spotted a Fox! He had snaffled a baby coot. Handsome animal.

Not many Dragons about, Common Darter and I think Brown Hawker - was a bit quick.

Had a Kingfisher flash pass on the trails. From Gadwall hide loads more Terns and young, Sand Martin and a family of Little Grebes.

A quiet BUT very pleasant afternoon.

A big thank you to those of you who sent me cards.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birdday! Oops, sorry, I mean happy birthday. Now that you're 42 I hope they don't go and bulldoze the Earth.

Anonymous said...

When you're 43 you get to celebrate not having died on the lav like Elvis. ;-)

Cherrypie said...

Happy Birthday. I don't understand that bulldozing reference but I'm sure I hope it doesn't happen to you anyway. x

The Quacks of Life said...

Ah well

42 is the Ultimate Answer in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy. And in the HHGTTG the Earth was actually a giant super computer designed to find the ultimate question for which the answer is 42.

The Earth got demolished to make room for a new hyper galactic bypass.

Unknown said...

Oh Pete, I didn't know it was your birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.