Saturday, October 12, 2019

Hanbury Hall

I haven't been to Hanbury Hall in quite a while and I decided I ought to return. Now I have had not much lucky with the weather at Hanbury and given the forecast today I wasn't giving it much chance to redeem its reputation but strangely the promised rain never came!

Hanbury is built in the Queen Anne style





The gardens have been seriously restored over the years.





















Now I like Hanbury... yes the rain thing.... but Hanbury provides seating for when it rains and I once got caught out and one of these gave me cover and  I was able to sit and read in comfort.









Hanbury's major treasure is Sir James Thornhill's paintings







The lobster? apparently in the film the favourite there was lobster race? They are part of a children's game.










A good last day... home tomorrow

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos of Hanbury. I have only been once and I must go again as I really liked it there - super house and gardens :) Plus there is a church nearby which looks possibly worth a visit :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.