Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Walking

The weather has not been great since my return so I have not taken many photos. Indeed today was the first dry day I think! 

I had a surprise on Sunday with two new foals appearing since I went away!!


This one is VERY young. I think that is Frosty :)



This shows how close one of the ponds I visit is to houses.



There was a man working in their pond! 

The other pond where the youngsters are is being worked on. Almost like they are adding a small fishing platform. There are fish in it.










The common pond has at least 7 young coots and 3 young Moorhens to make up for the lack of ducklings this year.


I think he has grown a bit since Sunday?



I just love what you find growing by the side of the road




There is a small pond next to a row of cottages. It dried out in the extreme heat last summe. I had seen a juvenile Moorhen last week... today? a baby!! This little ponds are a godsend! 


There were a few butterflies on the wing. Alas they were camera shy.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.