Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Sudeley Castle and Bourton House Garden

I am in the Cotswolds for a few days..... 

First stop Sudeley Castle. It has a fine garden. The castle is 15th century was slighted during the civil war and restored in the 19th century





























The church is the resting place of Catherine (spelt with a K if you wish) Parr sixth wife of Henry VIII who lived at Sudeley after he died. She is the only queen buried at a private residence.














I believe this is part of a trail.... 


When I have my book....









I wandered to Bourton House Garden which is near my pub and a favourite of mine


























I had lamented the TOTAL lack of butterflies all day when in the car park feeding on flowers growing on the wall.... a painted lady... sorry Ragged Robin ;)




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Heck!!! You've beaten me again! At least not a Hummingbird Hawkmoth! You're on holiday again - have a good time :) Two lovely gardens and both on my list to visit one day! Great pics :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.