Sunday, June 06, 2021

Live Music at Saffron Hall with the Academy of St Martin in the Fields

I do have photos to share but I'll do a catch up on local walks tomorrow. Given it was half term I had a quiet week avoiding places ;) Well sort of 

You wait ages for a concert and two come at once.  I arrived the obligatory 10 minutes before arrival and wandered to my seat. There were no crowds and it wasn't even full for this limited capacity which was a shame but I guess I understand. I do hope they broke even. They are doing two performances an evening so the concert was only for an hour. The programme was 

  • Telemann (arr. Sachs & Alessi)   -    Fantasia No.2 in D minor 
  • Mozart arr. Lowicky                    -    Adagio K580a  
  • Martinu                                        -    Allegro moderato from Quartet
  • Sally Beamish                              -    Ariel 
  • Grieg                                            -    Two Nordic Melodies Op.63 II Cow Call 
  • Corelli                                          -    Badinerie from Suite for Strings 
  • Mozart                                          -  Symphony No.39 in E flat major K.543
It was an enjoyable hour but my highlights were the older pieces I find modern classical a bit jarring. For most of the pieces there 3-4 musicians (the Beamish was solo flute). By the time of the Mozart there were 22 musicians.

Very enjoyable.

No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.