Monday, June 07, 2021

Local walks

As it was half term I decided to have a week at home. So I have spent my week walking, here are some of my pics.

I ought to add I have  seen 68 species whilst walking from home. No cars etc. This is 4 more than last year and brings the total seen to 73.  The 5 I saw last year but not this are Spotted Flycatcher, Mandarin Duck, Lesser Whitethroat, Reed Bunting and Little Egret. Bird of the week a glorious Yellow Wagtail

Anyone (Ragged Robin ;) care to tell me what these are?




3 of the foals meeting up and bonding.






I know its a female and a chaser. I can't see a black spot in the middle of the wing so female broad bodied chaser.







Suddenly the House Martins have appeared.



The youngest are growing up.... the other brood will fly soon. On the common pond there are young coots and moorhens.


Small Heath







And today? Sorry Ragged Robin :)





I went to visit my cousin Kay this afternoon. It's been WAY too long. 

Tomorrow I will visit further a field.

6 comments:

Tricia Ryder said...

The plants are Aquilegia. Spring flowerering perennials.

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks Trish :)

The Quacks of Life said...

they were growing by the side of the road close to the M11

Tricia Ryder said...

They self-seed very easily.

Ragged Robin said...

Lovely photos - agree with Trish flowers are aquilegia also known as colombine or "Granny's bonnet"!! So envious of Painted Lady!! but well done :) Perhaps it is going to be a good year for them :)

The Quacks of Life said...

thanks both..... I just thought they were pretty :)

as to Painted Lady? it would be good.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.