Thursday, August 20, 2020

this and that

I was tempted to say that Tuesday was the first day of the rest of my life as dad's estate is finally wrapped up but hey. Saying goodbye to Dad's house was emotional as it had been home for 50 years even if I haven't lived there for 34 years. 

I am not sure what Dad would have said. Probably something like get the money safe ;) Anyhow it will be odd no going over and it is feels odd that his post code is one of the recommendations that the google driving app gives. Then again I haven't removed his phone number and I stopped that line over a year ago!

In reading I am on a reread period reading old favourites. I'm currently on Anne McCaffrey dragon books. Comfort reading ! 

I went to Amwell today alas nothing in Camera range. Highlights ? a few Common Sandpiper and a Sparrowhawk. Apparently the Little Ring Plover chick has fledged first there in 10 years I believe which is excellent news.

I hear we about to get Storm Ellen.... great! 





1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

It is an emotional time getting rid of the family home Pete. So be easy on yourself and take care. Thinking of you.

Not read any of the Anne McCaffrey dragon books - off to check them out now.

On today's post on Ickworth - loved the dahlias :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.