Monday, August 03, 2020

RUFF

I was late getting going today and I left the house with one intention but before I had left my estate I changed my mind and went to Amwell.

I reached the view point and ... a RUFF!  Sorry it was distant so a record shot!



Other waders were Little Ringed Plover, Green Sandpiper and Common Sandpiper. I went for a walk


young Robin!


A distant family of stripey headed Great Crested Grebes





I wandered home for lunch.

As I hadn't done my step count so I went for a walk :)

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Ooh! a ruff :) I've never seen one when I was little there was a picture in the Observers book of Birds I think with one displaying with its ruff and I always wanted to see one. The other bird which I always wanted to see, and still haven't, due to the same book was The Butcher Bird or Shrike!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.