Wednesday, August 12, 2020

local birding

It is ridiculously hot at the moment but after a lazy day yesterday (well I did cut the front hedge) I thought I ought to get some steps on the step counter... only to find the step counter didn't start so I lost around 4000 steps. 

First point of call was Amwell where a Temminck's Stint had been seen. Stupidly I took the camera nut no scope. Luckily a lapwing gave it a nudge to give good views. There was also a Common Sandpiper and a perching Kingfisher.

Alas no birds in range of the camera.

I went to Rye Meads and alas the draper hide wasn't open whilst I was there. Very quiet. Highlights a Cetti's Warbler and a flying Grey Heron.

Still a successful local twitch.





1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

I can't get used to the new layout!!!! although I do like it! Well done on the Temminick's Stint :) You are courageous braving the temperatures!!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.