Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Its an exciting life.

I woke up at 3:35 yesterday morning. Obsentively this was for a "comfort break" but of course I turned on the radio. There was no reason to turn on said radio. England were 59 for 1 and some 90 odd runs in front at close of the fourth day, the game was meandering to a tame draw.

"Giles plays back"

Gi...? what its only half three how can..... my half asleep brain tried hard to compute.

"He's edged it caught behind England 98 for 7"

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went back to sleep waking in time to hear our total abject humiliation.

Sigh

That said it wasn't a bad day. The follow-up PSL meeting went well (it perhaps helps if you can talk!!) and I came home and wrote all my Christmas cards. Well all bar a few as I ran out so I need to get somewhere with cards I approve of. Yet more excuses to go birding at the weekend! It was a bit of a shock to run out. If you want a card then you'll need to email me your address won't you.

Kate mentions Hogwatch and the Times survey to vote for icons for the environment and posts the link to vote for the Hog. You are urged to do so. I was sent this last night by the blogger Hog mafia and have already voted.

We've arranged our Christmas lunch. What do you mean we're late? Well we get two hours credit for Christmas lunches and normally if you don't go you get 2 hours credit for "christmas shopping" but not this year so we're going for a team pizza!!
Probably the only thing we could all agree on anyway and all us poor local government officers could afford.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

could not believe it! from the jaws of a draw we get a loss!!! Tony was gloating of course, he actually woke me up to tell me the aussies only need 17 runs , did i want to hear this NO!! he then watched it in the evening just to rub the salt in alittle deeper! still three tests left never say never!

Cherrypie said...

I have no idea what you are talking about in the first half of this post. I can only assume it is sleep-talking - would that be somnamblarambling?

The Quacks of Life said...

you'll have to get that cricketing vicar to broaden your education CP. I'm talking the Test Match England - Australia - Cricket!!

Cherrypie said...

I'd worked out that much but try as I might it all just sounds blahblahblah

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.