Thursday, June 15, 2023

Part 1 - Rievaulx Abbey and Helmsley Walled Garden

I have taken a lot of photos again so I am splitting today in 2.


First stop was Rievaulx Abbey a cistercian abbey. It is one of the finest monastic ruins in the country. I don't like it as much I do  Mount Grace BUT the ruins are definitely amazing.








It was lovely to watch the House Martins flit to their nests in the ruins.









I wandered down the road to Helmsley Walled Garden. I first visited last September and it was interesting to see it in a different season of the year. 













ooh a Red Admiral











The garden and the cafe were rather busy and I didn't have long on my car park ticket so I got a nice sandwich from a local bakery and sat under some trees and then to part2....



No comments:

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.