Friday, June 16, 2023

Byland Abbey and Nunnington Hall

Its still flipping hot.... ah the British.... its too cold its too hot... i hate this rain... we need rain LOLOL 

Anyway I went to Byland Abbey first. Its a free site with a small car park and it was FULL!! Luckily as a member I can park in the Abbey Inn car park. 

I walked over the road to the abbey and there was no one there!!!

Byland was Cistercian Abbey that was moved from what is now Old Byland as it was too close to Rievaulx and the respective abbeys bells were confusing the monks. 

The ruins are extensive and it is beautifully situated. I like it a lot.
















So I popped to Nunnington Hall a small country house close to my pub. I decided I wasn't going in... I was going to stroll the gardens and find some shade and read my book :) 




























This peacock had flown into a tree LOL I've never seen one fly that far up! Normally I see them fly atop walls.







A very pleasant day and I finished my book and got into the next :) 

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

It does seem very hot for June Pete :( The abbey ruins are super. Bit naughty of people to use the car park if they're not visiting the abbey :( Nunnington Hall gardens are very pretty. Glad you found a shady nook to read.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.