Monday, June 12, 2023

Benningbrough Hall

I'm in Yorkshire.... I wasn't meant to be ! I was in Somerset and then last week the hotel noticed I had asked for a table for dinner and they had stopped doing it.... So I cancelled and found that the Fox and Hounds at Sinnington in Yorkshire had a room. I know Yorkshire and Somerset are in the opposite direction but on short notice I just wanted a room and the Fox and Hounds is a lovely pub/hotel.

I stopped for breakfast at Booths at Ripon. I was intending to go to Fountains Abbey but I'd rather fairly early and given it was going to be "warm" I changed plans and went to Beningbrough Hall.

I knew the hall didn't reopen to July 1st an excuse to come back! The only downside of the day was how few butterflies there were! 



























I didn't have a telephoto so here is a record shot of a Spotted Flycatcher!



A nice scone.












 I spent most of my time under a nice tree reading LOLOL 




1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

You're on holiday again! :) A lovely destination is Yorkshire even if you had to change your plans belatedly. A lovely first day and well done on the Spotted Flycatcher even if I am envious at you beating me again!:) I should have looked when I was at Baddesley Clinton recently as they often have a pair! It was hot again yesterday - hope it stays dry but goes a bit cooler for you.

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.