Monday, June 19, 2023

Local Wildlife

I came home Saturday and had a wander to the New Hall pond just to check on the geese and ducklings... 

All was fine and you can see the goslings are growing up fast! 


Oh before I went away I discovered that the "split pond" near my house as a turtle/terrapin! I've seen it sunning a couple of times but I've never had the camera.

Anyway yesterday I was walking over the common and ,,,, FOAL!!! I had given up on seeing one of my common this year! 


And so to today


There has been one or two Little Egrets at the New Hall pond for a while. The can is an interesting contrast! 


The mallards are now teenagers!



And the goslings are getting their adult plumage.



There are 3 coot chicks.... The adults are feisty parents! and were chasing the teenage moorhens! 


I was pleased to see a Reed Warbler in the reed bed! 




See in some bushes as I walked the estate.






A butterfly! So few this year



There are cootlets on the common pond AND 2 ducklings



And our foal :) 








Lovely to have one again. No so far to walk! 

2 comments:

Z said...

What a lovely day. Thanks for sharing the photos.

I agree with you about butterflies, I've hardly seen any this year as yet. And just one cinnabar moth, when there are usually lots around here. But it was a cold spring, so let's hope they have just hatched late.

Ragged Robin said...

Glad to hear the goslings are doing well and foals appearing. We have a terrapin on a local pond too! I think people got fed up of looking after them when they got big and dithched them in nearest pool!

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.