Thursday, November 25, 2021

walks

Sorry for the lack of updates. I haven't done much and/or the weather has been to dull to make it worth taking the camera out!

Before I went on holiday I had a nice walk tick a Mute Swan! (72nd of the year and 77th since I started walking) in fact 2 an adult and a juvenile. Indeed as they were there for 2 days I was concerned that the pond was big enough for them to take off but they have gone! 

There seems to be only one foal left on the common although I suspect one of the others is there and is now tethered :( Actually I am pretty sure Bramble the first black foal is there and tethered. I guess I am now waiting for next year.

There are plenty of ducks on my local ponds



This is one of 2 adult Moorhens!


and one of 6 teenagers. I wonder how many there were this year?


I wandered to Netteswell pond is fairly big and I keep hoping it will show something interesting in winter alas it didn't last winter and nothing today. Just lots of Moorhens, Mallards and a family of 7 Canada Geese (I wondered if they were the family who have been on the common pond).

The odd gull out.... Herring Gull,


Black Headed Gull


I wandered to the common and the 7 geese were there



The Common Starling. But those colours aren't common! It is a pretty little bird


I wonder what winter will give? A Siskin ? Maybe if I'm lucky a Waxwing?

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

That is a super number of species for your walk list. Good luck with Siskin, Waxwing and a possible Ring-necked Parakeet :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.