Thursday, November 18, 2021

A village and two very different houses.

I had tried to visit Bibury the other day but I reached it at lunchtime and there was no parking spaces. Today I arrived earlyish. It was sunny at first but that disappeared.





I was having Coffee at the trout farm and spotted one of the Kingfishers from the trail from my last Cotswolds visit. They must have bought it? 









So to Minster Lovell a ruined 15th century manor house. The Lovell family were close to Richard III not a good career move! The Lovell in the phrase, "A cat, a rat and Lovell the Dog, ruleth England under a Hog" was Francis Lovell who died in 1488.  It's a nice spot on a sunny day and the panels are informative. The church is worth a visit. It contains the tour of William Lovell who built the house in the 1430's
























I had lunch in Burford, the cafe had perspex partitions between tables! Ragged Robin would approve. Alas the church was shut for lunch



I went to Sezincote for a wander around the gardens. The house was built in 1805 and was the inspiration for the Brighton Pavillion. The Prince regent visited in 1807.





























The gardens are always well worth a walk around.

1 comment:

Ragged Robin said...

Your posts make me want to get in the car and visit the Cotswolds. Bibury and church are wonderful and I like the sound of that cafe - lol! :)

Blog Status

If you want to use any photos on this blog please see this link.